Sunday, January 10, 2010

WHO STOLE THE KISHKA?

This one goes out to all my polish friends, particularly to lovely Domota. There is a favourite polka of mine, written by Walt Solek and it tells a simple story, at least for a vegetarian like me, suffering from the gowt: I like beer, I like vodka, but I wouldn't eat entrails...



Someone stole the kishka / Someone stole the kishka / Who stole the kishka / From the butcher's shop? / Who stole the kishka? / Who stole the kishka? / Who stole the kishka? / Someone call the cops!

Fat and round and firmly packed / It was hanging on the rack / Someone stole the kishka / When I turned my back / Who stole the kishka? / Who stole the kishka? / Who stole the kishka? / Someone bring it back!

Someone stole the kishka / Someone stole the kishka / Who stole the kishka / From the butcher shop? / Who stole the kishka? / Who stole the kishka? / Who stole the kishka? / Someone call the cops!

Yusef found the kishka / Yusef found the kishka / Yusef found the kishka / And he hung it on the rack. / He found the kishka / He found the kishka / He found the kishka / Yusef brought it back /

The happy family home-video (I guess this is the Brave Combo version, the first one I got to know):

No comments:

Post a Comment