Friday, October 27, 2017

1000 SONGS- DAY 365 SONG 396

DAY 365: One really GREAT cover-version 

So, in a way, I have finished the first year in my 1000 songs challenge, as this is post #365, altough there are more songs than days in this here blog.
Today I stick to one song in two versions. The good cover-versions of a song bring out convincingly something that is in the song that nobody would have expected to be in it. In my opinion, The Leftover Cuties do such covers like nearly nobody else (o.k., Nick Cave is also good at it, but his is another genre).
I am aware of the fact that not everybody loves Coldplay, but their early work still remains against all the disputes on their overall merits. And as far as I am concerned, “Parachute” is still an album worth listening to. One of the fine songs on it undoubtedly is “Trouble”, even if you think, that this song is somewhat whimsical. To me, Leftover Cuties took that whimsicalness out of the song and made it a truly beautiful one.

Here is their version:



And here is the original one:

No comments:

Post a Comment