Saturday, November 16, 2013

1000 SONGS - DAY 297 SONG # 328

DAY 297: A Song About Going Home

There are many songs in the world that deal with the topic of "Going Home", f.e., one rather lengthy (11:13) song by the Stones on their album "Aftermath" from 1966, and the rather short version that Ten Years After did of their song of that name on the Woodstock album (9:20). There is also a song called "I Feel Like Going Home" by Charlie Rich, covered by the likes as Mark Knopfler or the great Walkabouts on their seminal album "Satisfied Mind". I will come back to that later. Here is the Muddy Waters song from 1948


Well, now it gettin' late on into the evenin'
And I feel like, like blowin' my home
When I woke up this mornin' all I, I had was gone
Now it gettin', late on into the evenin', man now
I feel like, like blowin' my home
Well now, woke up this mornin', all I had was gone


Well, brooks run into the ocean, the ocean run in, into the sea
But don't find my baby, somebody gonna sure bury me
Brooks run into the ocean, man, that ole ocean ran into the sea
Well now, if I don't find my baby
Somebody sure gonna bury me


Well, minutes seemed like hours, an hour don't it seem like days?
Seems like my baby would stop her old evil way
Minutes seemed like hours, an hour seemed like days
Well now, seems like my baby child, whoo-hoo well, child
Would stop her low down ways

No comments:

Post a Comment