Saturday, November 9, 2013

1000 SONGS - DAY 296 SONG # 327

DAY 296: 4 Songs by one of my Favourite Mancunian Bands


James' first album has always been one of my favs. Produced by Lenny Kaye, "Stutter" added a new kind of a hard to describe musical style somwhere between folk, indie-rock, alternative music and I do not know what to my musical universe in 1986. Later on, with Manchester changing into Madchester, James released some electrifying dance-tracks, some of which are featured in my vinyl collection as 12" singles and ep-s.
Here are 3 songs from "Stutter", "So many ways", "Why so close" and "Black Hole", and as a kind of bonus-track, the rousing "Come Home" (which I first heard on the late night radio show John Peel did in the late 80ies and early 90ies in Austria), in the original 1989 recording. The track was later re-released in a remix by Flood, after James had changed their record company.








No comments:

Post a Comment