Sunday, January 5, 2014

1000 SONGS - DAY 305 Song # 336

DAY 305: A Good One Gig in Amsterdam

Fred Eaglesmith, a Canadian guy, is one of the great persons acting in what is called "alternative country". Alternative Country simply is good music as compared to non-alternative anything. "Alternative" (with some very rare exceptions) has become a label for "good" in the music scene, irrespectively of the genre. I have never seen a live performance by him, but sure as hell, I will do everything to see Fred in person and on stage before I leave this dull form of existence. If you want to understand what I mean, look at and listen to the second link featured here. As this is a full show of something like 80 minutes duration, I have put on one clip of that show first, 4 minutes of York Street. Show was done in Paradiso, Amsterdam.





No comments:

Post a Comment