Tuesday, August 18, 2015

1000 SONGS - DAY 341 SONG # 372

DAY 341: A Song About Somebody Else

JJ Grey (born John Grey Higginbotham in 1967) and Mofro, in former times simply Mofro play music that is usually described as a mixture of blues, funk, soul and rock. They are from Florida and that's the way they sound. This here song could be an Amy Winehouse classic. It is called Somebody Else and has a simple message: "I don't know who I am when I am that somebody else" - I know this situation and I don't like it. Fortunately,  I do not own a pistol. Here are: the studio version, the lyrics and a live version.




Some people say that I don't play
they say I got a temper when I'm in that way
But I don't know who that person is that acts like a fool
Thats somebody else Lord I swear it ain't me
I guess I'm my on worse enemy
Cause I don't know who I am when I am - that somebody else

I grab up the keys I fly out the gate
The family is fighting I don't want to be late
Cause I'm going to tell them all about my ass like I said that I would
We're out in the yard yelling at each other
hate in my eyes sisters and brothers
I don't know who I am when I am - that somebody else

The neighbors are watching cause its getting real loud
but making my stand yo it makes me feel proud
but I know tomorrow I'll feel the shame when I cool down
Baring my fangs when I hear my niece
yell to the neighbors "Lord call the police"
Cause I don't know who I am when I am - that somebody else

I can't hear the yelling no more
my eyes glaze over as I reach for the door
I grab my pistol time to show these fools what time it is
Now I'm in jail for the rest of my life
I can't see my kids Lord I can't see my wife
Cause I don't know who I am when I am - that somebody else

No comments:

Post a Comment