Sunday, August 2, 2015

1000 SONGS - DAY 338 SONG #369

DAY 338: One of my favourite tunes by Frank Zappa

I have already featured some songs by Frank Zappa, amongst them "Peaches En Regalia", maybe my favourite composition by Francis Vincent Zappa. Among the first albums of Zappa I came to know, there was Waka Jawaka. The music on this album was written and recorded in 1972 after two accidents Zappa had suffered: The burning down of the Mothers' equipment in Montreux ("Frank Zappa and the Mothers were at the best place around, but some stupid with a flare-gun burned the place to the ground") and being pushed into the orchestra pit by an audience member in London. The later accident resulted in severe injuries and Zappa had to spend some months in a wheelchair. As a teenager, I owned Waka Jawaka and I still think that it is a fine album. Here is the title track, a wonderful composition executed by wonderful musicians.


No comments:

Post a Comment