Wednesday, February 9, 2011

1000 SONGS - DAY 30 - SONG # 50

Day 50 - A song you listen to when your angry

Angry songs, this is, or songs about anger, or songs done by angry men and the like. I have had a load of candidates 4 that job, will bring 'em on later, yo man! Old school anger from the 80ies: I show you my gun my uzi weighs a ton because I'm Public Enemy # 1; do not care about pc-ness, chuck d-ness will suffice, this is from "Yo! Bum Rush the Show", their 1987 debut album:



Talking about guns & pistols: watata-tang, watatata-tang, listen to my 9 mm go bang: From CRIMINAL MINDED, the first album of BOOGIE DOWN PRODUCTIONS, early in the genre gangsta rap: this is KRS1:



KRS 1 (Chris Parker) was later to become the propagator of edutainment, after the death of Scott la Rock, moving away from gangsta rap to politically and socially conscious hip hop; but this is anger taken to a higher level (more about that - PTR atl - later on):


No comments:

Post a Comment