Saturday, March 31, 2012

1000 SONGS - DAY 196 SONG # 227

Day 196: A Song from the radio

Like on Day 137/Song 167 (2011-12-06), this is a song that I do not only know from the radio but that also features the radio in the lyrics, "Static on the Radio" by Jim White, whose musical style is sometimes described as "alternative country". At least this song doesn't sound like country to my ears at all. It can also be filed under the clandestine sub-category "songs that have to do with the dude". Up to today, in this category we had "I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in" on Day 135/Song 165 (2011-12-02) and, very recently, "The man in me" (Day 194/Song 225, 2012-03-30). Both of them are featured on the soundtrack of The Big Lebowski. On this here track, the female voice belongs to Aimee Mann, who also is known for having played a minor role in the Coen brothers' movie (among the "German nihilists"). Wonderful song, in my opinion, good choice for sunday morning brunch:

No comments:

Post a Comment