Monday, May 7, 2012

1000 SONGS - DAY 210 SONG # 241

Day 210: Two of my favourite grunge songs

Whatever Grunge might have been - simply Seattle, mainly Nirvana or invented by the Meat Puppets, among the bands normally filed under "Grunge", Soundgarden is my favourite one, and among the albums in that alleged style it's Vs. - and this is not a Soundgarden record, and my favourite track on it is "Dissident". I have to mention that I also do appreciate Mudhoney, and not only for naming the band after a Russ Meyer film. So here it is, Dissident, with Dave Abbruzzese on drums, before Eddie Vedder thought him to be not fitting to the indie-image of Pearl Jam or whatever:



Although I did and do like "Black Hole Sun" a lo/t/ad, I sometimes think that "Fell on Black Days" is the even better tune from Soundgarden's Superunknown (I own a copy of it in kind of transparent vinyl - it was always hard to find the start of the tracks on one of them discs...)



Nevertheless, here is Black Hole Sun, the bonus track of today:

No comments:

Post a Comment