Wednesday, July 13, 2016

1000 SONGS - DAY 353 Song # 384

Day 353: The Man Who Saved the Blues


Today there were three CDs in my mail, containing some of the best music I have heard for a long time – very special gifts to me, a fan of the blues. Gary Clark Jr. sounds to me like the one and only true heir of Jimi Hendrix and I look at him as the one person saving the blues for the next generation (I have to add: forget it, old slowhand). And boy, can he play guitar (again: slowhand?). Here are just two songs from “Blak and Blue”: “When my train pulls in” and “Next Door Neighbour Blues”. Two versions of the first one, two versions of the second one. Another marvellous thing about Gary Clark Jr.: He can do equally convicing different versions of his songs. And he has a great great band. These here are just examples. Check him out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment