Saturday, February 4, 2012

1000 SONGS -DAY 172: SONG # 203

Day 172: (One of) my favourite love song(s)

There are so many really bad love songs on the planet, f.e. "How deep is your love" - maybe the worst song ever, even worse than "Last Christmas". I will not post a song I do not like any more, because this is not what a music blog is for. But I will expand the variety of musical styles to be found here, as I do not think that I have posted a Bluegrass song on this blog until today. So now for one of my favourite Bluegrass songs that is also (one of) my favourite love song(s). Peter Rowan's "I'm gonna love you like there's no tomorrow":




For six long years I've been here in this prison
Livin my life behind bars in this dirty cell
Tomorrow they're goin to take me down to Huntsville
And send my soul to heaven or to hell

I'm gonna love you like there's no tomorrow
I'm gonna love you like there's no yesterday
I'm gonna hug and kiss away your sorrow
I'm gonna love you like there's no tomorrow

The warden said my last request was granted
That you could come and stay with me tonight
You're the only one who ever really loved me
So hold me in your arms hold me tight

I'm gonna love you like there's no tomorrow
I'm gonna love you like there's no yesterday
I'm gonna hug and kiss away your sorrow
I'm gonna love you like there's no tomorrow

I know my life will soon be over
And the life of our baby child is just begun
There's only one thought now thats left to haunt me
Just to think that what I've lost I might have won


As a bonus Texmex track, here is Peter Rowan with Flaco Jiménez and The Free Mexican Airforce:

1 comment:

  1. Gerald- song lyrics is awfully superb! I’m surly inspired watching his video song and think this song is most excellent. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete