Saturday, February 18, 2012

1000 SONGS -DAY 175: SONG # 206

Day 175: A song you can play on an instrument

I think that I can play this song on the drums, although I never tried to do. Those among my friends who are critical about my abilities on the instrument will say, that I never will suceed at it, because I am totally incapable of keeping time for 273 seconds. However that may be, I will abstain from developing any theory about/on/starting from that piece of music (intellectuals are the shoe-shine boys of the ruling elite), with the exception of the simple statement that it really makes us think about what music is. Here is John Cage's 4'33"




Among the many cover versions to be found on YouTube, I do like the Death-Metal version most, the guy does a tremendously fast rendering of the piece:

No comments:

Post a Comment