Friday, February 10, 2012

1000 SONGS -DAY 174: SONG # 205

Day 174: A song that makes you smile

3rd Bass certainly are one of the funniest hip-hop-crews ever (at least in my little world) and their 1991 "Derelicts of Dialect" is a classic of the genre. They also had a hit with one of the tracks as a single, a harsh critique of commercial rappers like Mc Hammer or Vanilla Ice. The circumstance, that two of the three guys were whities, did add additional seriousness to their satirical work. Here is "Pop Goes the Weasel" - the official video, starring Henry Rollins as Vanilla Ice:



I add two bonus tracks from the same album that also make me smile: "Herbals in your mouth" (currently not available, but i will keep on checking) and "Microphone techniques":



part of the lyrics:

Weebles to the weebles to the wobbles - to the herbalz
I don't drink milk when it curdles
Cause then it's too pasty, French like pastry
It's like gettin caught boostin at Macy's
True indeed, Cogswell Cogs, and Sprockets at Spacely's
I make like George, and Jet-i-son safely
to my rest and not a Tribe but I'm Quest'n
You got bad breath, then take a Certs with Retsin
Dribble dribble drabble say what, I beg your pardon
Quincy ain't convinced me, got my own "Secret Gardens"
So now we boomin out the speakers and amps (true)
Buggin your nuts like the PMS cramps
Some falsified but I gots bones to pick
The only nine you ever seen was in arithmetic
Herbalz given, how you livin?
Yo I ain't played like a pseudo
Herbalz in your mouth, and mine are macanudo

(There it is)
Herbalz in your mouth (there it is, there it is)
Everybody say herbalz in your mouth (there it is, there it is)
Say herbalz in your mouth (there it is?)
Everybody say herbalz in your mouth (there it is, there it is)
A from the North, to the South (there it is)
Everybody say HERBALZ IN YOUR MOUTH


Got the herbalz in your mouth
Pete Nice! No herbalz, in his mouth
Richie Rich! No herbalz, in his mouth
Prince Paul, no herbalz in his mouth
Yes, yes man
Got herbalz, where they at?
Got herbalz..
Herbalz in your mouth yo where they at they in your mouth
Herbalz in your mouth yo where they at they in your mouth
Herbalz in your mouth yo where they at they in your mouth
Mouth mouth mouth, m-mouth, m-mouth..




No comments:

Post a Comment