Sunday, November 13, 2011

1000 SONGS - DAY 126: SONG #156

Day 126: A Song that Reminds Me of Somewhere

This song reminds me of Jesolo, Italia, a place where my parents used to spend their holidays (witb my brothers and me) in Hotel Luxor or Hotel Cairo, both of them overseen by a man of Romanian descent (a guy called Bruno), despite their Egyptian names. Year after year we went there to lie on the beach, play boccia, meet the same families, swim, build sandcastles, eat pasta and strange kinds of cheese (those were the sixties and the early seventies, italian food was something really exotic to us) and the like. One of my first memories is a little shop around the corner where there was a Wurlitzer. And I remember to have put some Lira into that Wurlitzer to listen to Adriano Celentano's Una Festa Sui Prati, and I remember Italian guys cheering when hearing it. But maybe this is just a dream...


No comments:

Post a Comment