Monday, November 21, 2011

1000 SONGS - DAY 130: SONG #160

Day 130: Two more Songs by Christian Kjellvander

Christian Kjellvander, a wonderful Swedish Singer/Songwriter has already been featured in the 1000-Songs-Challenge with the song "Polish Daughter". Today this blog features two more songs that highlight Mr. Kjellvander's capability of writing songs that bring tears to my eyes, tracks #7 & 8 from his 2007 album I Saw Her From Here, I Saw Here From Her: "While the Birches Weep" and "The Road". Here are the lyrics of "While the Birches Weep", included because I did not have to type them (lyrics are featured in the booklet of the CD), but found a place to copy from:

My eyes have seen more beauty than my heart could ever hold
Outside and all around us a picture no camera can take and it is cold
But we all have stories of fires that we love to tell,
but it's the fires within the fires that drew me to you
As to live is to die and I will grieve by your side 'til the day comes
when all that love is lifted from your eye
Found ourselves a village after thousand nights a blur
Fell right before me and I could see here from her
There are angels passing through trying to grab a hold of you,
but we both stand aside like old lovers do
As to live is to die and I will grieve by your side 'til the day comes
when all that love is lifted from your eye
Bury you in the yard, bury you in my arms and watch you sleep
Carry you through the yard, carry you in my arms,
while the birches weep

On this U-tube-link you'll find the version from the album with pictures I do not always appreciate as fitting to the music, but at this here pots is for the music.




"The Road", in a live version with some bugs in the audio, but I hope it makes you want to buy CK's records:

1 comment: