Thursday, July 14, 2011

1000 SONGS - DAY 87: SONG # 117

Day 87: A song I wish I would have written
There are at least two attitudes towards the newly introduced "wish I would have written" category; money-wise (the quality of the song does not matter) or because of music. I wish I would have written Ani di Franco's song "Swing" from her third album recorded in 1999 (means, the third one from that year, not the the third one of her musical career) "To the Teeth", because it matches different musical styles in a very cool way, it is danceable and sophisticated, and it has made my day, from time to time. The song has a few thousand views on UTUBE, but compare it to those songs that have plenty of millions of views (sure, there are also some fine songs among them). And as a bonus-track "Fuel" from "Little Plastic Castle", in a live version from 2009 (I like the question: "is he just a liar with nothing to lie about?", I like the way she pours out words over words over words): And the studio recording:

No comments:

Post a Comment