Tuesday, August 2, 2011

1000 SONGS - DAY 95: SONG # 125

DAY 95: A song that reminds of....

This reminds me of nearly everything. F.e., the Beatles. Probably the most influential band up to date. Everybody talking about Sgt. Peppers or the White Album. While I find the latter really interesting, I always have found Sgt. Peppers to be a bit over-estimated by the wider public (at least they should have left out "Within Without You"). In my humblest of all humble opinions, Abbey Road is a real masterpiece, and I always did love the "Medley" on the "B-Side" so much. A probable reason for that predilection could be, that I had a wonderful (though, due to the intake of psychedelic drugs, somewhat confused) summer at age 18 or so in the flat of my BIG brother (the rather conservative one in our family; they went on vacation, his wife and him), and Abbey Road was one of the records they kept. So it reminds me of that summer, of my sister in law (her record), when she was so young and sexy and of a time without obligations but to keep in mind not to fully devastate that flat of my brother (he was 32 then). It also reminds me of a short-lived, but intense relationship with a girl called Angie. Wonder where she is and what she's doing now. And it reminds me of some nice people I do know now who are big big big fans of The Beatles. At least, there are no explanations required in this here post, concerning "Beatles", "Abbey Road" or "Sgt. Peppers", just the tracklist below (and even that, everyone will know). Choose"Watch on Youtube" to hear the full medley starting with "You Never Give Me Your Money")




You Never Give Me Your Money
Sun King
Mean Mr. Mustard
Polythene Pam
She Came in Through the Bathroom Window
Golden Slumbers
Carry That Weight
The End
Her Majesty

No comments:

Post a Comment