Friday, December 31, 2010

DAY 8 - SONGS # 17-20

Day 17 - A song that you often hear on the radio

For years, I have not been listening to the radio anymore (except by chance); sad thing; but I remember, as a child and as a teenager I used to listen a lot to OE3-Musicbox. During that time, I came to know most of the music that I listened to through this - in Austria: legendary - broadcast, and most of the songs I had at home had been taped from this. There are two of my favourite songs from the time when I was ~10 years old that I never had an real copy of: I only had them on a tape (not a cassette) on my father's tape machine. I guess all of that got lost, so I was happy to find "Chicago North Western" by Juicy Lucy and "The Magic Forest" by Noel Redding's (of Jimi Hendrix Experience fame) band Fat Mattress on You Tube.






Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio

What do I want to hear on the radio? Fine Music, like Frank Zappa's "Peaches En Regalia", one of my all time favourite pieces of music:



Day 19 - A song from your favourite album

In case you don't know it, check out Adrian Sherwood's On-U-Sound label. Lots of fine music by great musicians. One of my favourite albums is done by a kind of On-U-Sound-All Star Band featuring Gary Clail on vocals (some of the basic tracks have been re-used on other On-U-Sound records). You can also hear Bim Sherman sing on that track (and Skip McDonald playing the guitar), called "Two thieves and a liar"



Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you're angry

Those who know me, know that - sometimes :-) - I can be very very angry: So, naturally I love a song that tells me that anger is an energy: mr. Lydon aka as Mr. Rotten, taken from my favourite record by him:

PUBLIC IMAGE LTD: Rise

No comments:

Post a Comment