Wednesday, June 15, 2011

1000 SONGS - DAY 71: SONG #101

Day 71: A song from your favourite band

There was a time, time, time, when my favourite band was Hüsker Dü, an American band named after a Danish or Swedish kind of "Memory-Game"; I still remember some songs of Hüsker Dü from some of the vinyls that are still somewhere around our house. Grant Hart and Bob Mould were close friends, and there was something about their songs like the Lennon/McCartney, Jagger/Richards or Forster/McLennan kind of tunes, although it seems to be, that Hart/Mould were the only gay couple among those. Be that as it may, when picking songs for this post I realized that I remembered the Hart (as he was the drummer, that is understandable) better than the Mould. Three songs by Grant Hart, from (chronological order) Zen Arcade, New Day Rising and Candy Apple Grey (this one, their first among just two major label releases, maybe my favourite HD album, although I cannot really say).







and, as a kind of bonus track, a Lennon/McCartney knid of song:



No comments:

Post a Comment