Thursday, June 23, 2011

1000 SONGS - DAY 74: SONG #104

Day 74: My favourite Kraut-Rock-Band

A band that Suzie Quatro sang a song about, an experimental band said to have influenced Thurston Moore (for other influences see the WP-article on Can, linked below), one of the first Krautrock bands ever. It is not necessary to write too much about CAN (follow the link to Wikipedia to learn more about them). I hold Jaki Liebezeit, born in the same year as my mother in law, to be a rather outstanding drummer. Here are no more than two songs from Ege Bamyasi Okraschoten, one of my favourite albums (although, currently, I do not own a copy of it; my birthday is August 29, btw), featuring singer ダモ鈴木, the best known song by the band, Spoon and the one I seem to like most on that album, Sing Swan Song:








The great Mark E. Smith has done a song on Damo Suzuki or something like that: I am Damo Suzuki



and a rather lengthy live version of aingswansong:

No comments:

Post a Comment